Re-opening Step 2 - What it means for Real Estate
Thursday Jun 24th, 2021Share
The Government of Ontario has announced that the province will be moving into Step Two of its reopening plan on Wednesday, June 30. We have reviewed the province's update and at this time, there appears to be no changes to or lifting of restrictions on real estate services.
Restrictions on open houses, among others, are anticipated to be lifted in Step Three although this has not yet been confirmed.
We'll be sure to keep you updated as more information becomes available.
For your convenience, here is a full list of what will be allowed as of June 30:
• Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events with up to 25 people
• Indoor social gatherings and organized public events with up to five people
• Essential and other select retail permitted at 50 per cent capacity
• Non-essential retail permitted at 25 per cent capacity
• Personal care services where face coverings can be worn at all times can resume at 25 per cent capacity
• Outdoor dining with up to six people per table, with exceptions for larger households
• Indoor religious services, rites, or ceremonies, including wedding and funerals, permitted at up to 25 per cent capacity per room
• Outdoor fitness classes limited to the number of people who can maintain three metres of physical distance
• Outdoor sports without contact or modified to avoid contact, with no specified limit on number of people or teams participating, with restrictions
• Overnight camps for children operating in a manner consistent with the safety guidelines produced by the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health
• Outdoor sport facilities with spectators permitted at 25 per cent capacity
• Outdoor concert venues, theatres and cinemas, with spectators permitted at 25 per cent capacity
• Outdoor horse racing and motor speedways, with spectators permitted at 25 per cent capacity
• Outdoor fairs, rural exhibitions, festivals, permitted at 25 per cent capacity and with other restrictions
*Information provide by OMDREB
For all your Real Estate questions call Carmen at 905.808.1586